FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways mixed fleet/worldwide fleet
Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:39 pm
ceothatneversleeps

Programs: BAEC GGL+CCR
I had been relatively indifferent until doing 10 sectors between LHR and EWR in F over an 8 week period.

The difference between WW and MF is startling, and instantly recognisable. Following one of the best F services I've had, delivered by a WW crew, the return was MF and could not have been more disappointing.

In isolation, no individual incident is worthy of note - but the sheer volume was significant:

- taken to wrong seat, I had to let the delightful young lady know that we were on the wrong side of the cabin, I wouldn't have followed if she hadn't set off with my boarding card
- having just finished unpacking all of my work, laptop and notes ... I was asked to move seats so a couple could sit together. Of course I agreed, but it was very inconvenient and was known to the crew before I was seated. Being told "God would bless me for moving" was ... interesting
- no placeholders for drinks
- drinks spilt (on the ground) because CC was looking around the cabin whilst pouring
- wrong wine
- no cutlery
- cutlery laid incorrectly
- napkin and random knife left after dinner service
- no offer of cheese, no dessert wine
- flat champagne later in the flight
- table not laid for afternoon tea
- terrible PA throughout
- chipped coffee cup

Now, for the purposes of balance and context. I'm a business traveller, but the companies are mine and so I do care about value. I've never complained in my life of flying BA, but made my views known to the CSM (politely) who said "I do apologise Sir, we do have a young crew".

If that had been a special trip in F for an anniversary etc ... then I think it would be an awful display by BA.

Now for the complete lack of balance. Despite all of their failings, this was the single most attractive crew of any airline I've ever flown. Seriously, it looked like a combined selection process had been conducted by the Swedish Female volleyball team and Tatler Magazine ... perhaps MF isn't all that bad.