FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 9, 2015, 4:43 am
newshound

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
As per my previous comment the Marvelous suite is along the side of the building so you have the space of 2 regular rooms joined together whereas the fantastic suite is at the end of the building on the curve so it is like a cool corner room and a studio suite sized space.

Both suites have a living room and a bedroom. The fantastic suite having a larger version of the white L-shaped corner sofa that you get in the studio suite but with very little else in the room it feels quite empty.

The Marvelous suite is much more of a traditional layout with a regular style dark color sofa and a second toilet off of the living room.

The bathrooms adjoin the bedrooms in both cases but in the case of the Marvelous suite the toilet and shower are tucked around the corner out of view from the bed... you actually look at a free standing bath tub from the bed. In the Fantastic suite the toilet is just behind some frosted glass in plain view of the bed with the shower in the corner.

For me the lack of privacy to the toilet and the empty feeling in the living room have put me off of the Fantastic suite and I would personally prefer a Studio Suite over it. When applying SNA's I will opt for a Marvelous suite only and if I don't get that I have a reasonable success rate at getting a studio suite anyway.