FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways mixed fleet/worldwide fleet
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:03 am
windowontheAside

Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
I am pretty neutral on the subject, but on a return trip in F to JNB (BA A380 MF) in end of April/beg. of May, we had unbelievably FANTASTIC service on the way down (my wife gave her golden ticket to the girl looking after us). Think was the best flight of the 20 or so F flights I have done. On the return to LHR, it was pretty good as well (although more laid back since night flight).

Don't think it is fair to blame MF for every bad service. Really just varies with the crew TBH, although I can agree with that they (sometimes) can be a bit less formal than WW, but likely due to age (I am a bit younger myself, so personally don't mind)

Anyways, that is just my 2 Avios...
Couldn't agree more.

Came back from GIG in F - a MF route - and had been warned on here to expect poor service and bad food. We had a very good flight indeed - and had I not given out my first ever golden ticket the month before, I'd have given it to this chap. We also got a proper welcome and chat from the CSM/CSD/whatever title and everything ran just perfectly.

I've had good, bad and indifferent crews in MF and WW. I've never experienced the 'matey' sort of service but I have had WW crew members who seemingly just couldn't be bothered to engage with us. Does that make all WW tiresome? No.

My biggest beef with BA is simply that the service is quite variable - whatever the crew. It doesn't really show much in WT but as you move up the cabins the difference between a great crew and a bad one can make a huge difference to the flight.