FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/Canadian Issued APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC): Updates, Experiences, Q&A
Old Jun 7, 2015, 1:08 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Many countries do not like US issuing ABTC cards her own way (by not printing list of countries). With so many US ABTC card holders passing through APEC countries, they see that all the time. There was no need to explain. Since she let you through already, it was probably quicker to say thanks and proceed, in case there were others behind you.
She wasn't going to let me through with the card and insisted I couldn't use it, and I didn't appreciate the dismissive attitude because if they are going to accept APEC cards, then they accept all of them regardless of what's printed or not, and I don't care who is behind me, they can wait.

This issue was escalated at TPE and they corrected the inspectors who were making arbitrary, and incorrect, decisions about the US cards - sounds like Singapore inspectors need similar re-training.