FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express and Starwood enhance cobrand credit card benefits
Old Jun 6, 2015, 11:46 am
tangfish

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Originally Posted by seawolf
Am I understanding the "enhancements" correctly?

As a SPG Platinum as well as SPG AMEX Personal and SPG OPEN member, I'm getting no FTF/Boingo in exchange for more crowded lounges and slower/more congested Internet and higher AF?!?!?

Really seems like SPG is diluting SPG platinum benefits by signing off with AMEX on these changes.

Is there even a reason I should qualify for SPG platinum anymore? Seems like the only thing missing is suite upgrades and the amenity. Not really much incentive to do 25/50 a year for qualification when I can just pay $95 for the SPG OPEN.

These changes doesn't make any sense to me. Increase my AF but lose at least 25/50 nights to another chain. How does that even add up from SPG perspective?
After concentrating my hotel stays at Starwood properties for about 5 months I reached platinum. After having it for a year I realized that it isn't worth the hassle of staying at Starwood properties when others make more practical sense, so I dropped back down to gold. Haven't really noticed much difference.