Old Jun 6, 15, 3:41 am
CRAZ8

Programs: Marriott Gold; SPG Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
I'm currently at the Park Hyatt Melbourne, after a stay at the Park Hyatt Sydney.

We got an upgrade to the Terrace Suite. For some reason, the storage in this suite is terrible. There's almost no drawer space, but there is a gap where drawers used to be in the very narrow hallway. We're living out of our suitcases, which feels wrong for a 4 night stay here. Sydney had great storage in a smaller space.

The hot water pressure is low, so you either get Hot and slow, or Warm and fast in the shower.

One day, our house keeping person didn't leave any toilet paper at all, and the roll holder was on the floor under the sink!

One of the doors to the Terrace had no lock at all, and it blew open when we weren't in the room. They fixed this pretty fast, but the lock mechanism isn't the same as the other door.

One side of the bed has no available power, so I'm running cables across the floor to charge my phone at night.

The Park Lounge is fantastic. They are providing great service for my gluten free choices on demand. Although the Satay on Thursday is still my favorite!

The menu in the lobby lounge just changed, but everything we've had there has been great. Better than Sydney.

Our Wi-fi has been good all over the hotel.

In all, I have to keep reminding myself I'm paying a bit over half of Sydney PH to stay here in a bigger room. It's hard not to compare the two, and Melbourne has it's high points, but generally isn't as good.