FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Seating Policy Guide
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:50 am
SteveF

Originally Posted by concordino
Hi, travelling on BA Club World for the first time on a paid ticket costing over 3000 £. I now discover after booking that the seat selection will cost me 80£. Is this a joke, I mean honestly, is this Ryanair? UA, LX, AF and many others offer the possibility to choose and change your seat at time of booking at no charge. I was looking forward to my first experience in CW, now I'm scared I'm going to end up in a middle 4 seater section of the 747. I was sure I misunderstood, but BA customer service tells me this is an "additional service" they offer to their customers. Very disapointing!!!! Is this a new policy?
No it's not new policy; it's been that way for several years. Just think of it as the flight being £3080 and you can save £80 by not paying for seat assignment .

Joking aside, it's unlikely that you will end up in a centre seat; you can keep monitoring the available seats until the window and aisle seats start to fill before you pay, but even if you do end up in a centre seat it's really not that bad.