FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK
Old Jun 2, 2015, 6:31 am
Steppo

Originally Posted by aktchi
ETA: One caveat. In 1-2 cases, the script brings me not to the itinerary at XP/PL/Orbitz etc but to the initial search from with dates etc filled out. After the search I could find "no flights available", or a list from which I can try to select my itinerary. So, the gain is that I don't have to type my itinerary in the initial search form. Having used the script only a few times, I am not sure how common this is.
Originally Posted by Christian Kaad Andersen
I always seem to get the best price using the Air Canada link.

Is that normal?

The other links doesn't always seem to return the right price.

Other that that I seem to be getting business class tickets. Can this be some kind of bug?
You are both talking about the same issue.
Let's give it a try:
1.: ITA, in some cases, has bugs on its own. One example is the lack of handling married segments on TK. There will be others carriers facing the same problem for sure. Another one is applying wrong cabins not covered by the given fare.
2.: The script does neither check any restrictions regarding the point-of-sale nor any other restrictions. And these do exist!
3.: We don't know and we cannot interfere with the background handling of the data we provide to the airline/ota. If the underlying resources are not able to find your desired itinerary, you will not be able to buy it.
4.: Some OTAs/Airlines add booking fees.. so you may face different prices for the same itinerary.

What we do:
We collect the data. We create the request url the best way we know - so far. Everything what happens then is beyond our limits. I don't know why they are applying C-Fares. But what i know: they didn't find the fare you requested. Try to modify the URL and if you find any better way to form the request please share it!
All the OTAs/Airlines behave different when facing problems regarding your itinerary. Some use the next available fare, some will lead you to an error page, some will throw you back to the startpage without any notice and others will bring you back to the result page. If you then find your itinerary within a "normal" search on this website - this would of course be strange - please notify us.
This is the reason this script comes without any warranty and you should always double check what you are going to purchase.

Providing no information about what you have tried to book.. makes it even harder for us to explain why you were unable to do so.