Old Jun 2, 15, 12:15 am
djohannw

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RAPC View Post
Fortunately we have a slightly better selection in Europe, plus in Asia where I may get some potential use. For North America, it is a definitely a little less exciting. Just depends on where you have in mind for the usage that drives the value here.

Having done the maths for me locally, I can get a positive return vs investment even on a 5:1 earn / burn rate. Without the cheap earning option, it would definitely be less attractive.
+1. I took the gamble since Marriott (more or less formally) announced that they will not do any promo over the summer and booked my work-trips in June, July and August with a Sheraton - already have a total of 18 nights booked there in July and August with just a handful at Marriott in these two month. So with my travel-pattern this promo works perfectly as I can use the free nights in November without using my SPG-points on a personal trip... So with this promo I will certainly keep my reservations in place and not change a few nights to Marriott to even out my balance between the two programs.

@Lurkers: Can I make point-reservations already now and then, once I have earned the free nights, convert them to certificate use, or will I need to cancel and re-book at that time?

Greetings - Dirk