FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is a visit to Panmunjom a 'must' on any DMZ tour?
Old May 30, 2015, 3:49 pm
zippy the pinhead

The USO tour, provided by Koridoor, includes Panmunjom, and all the other stuff, which can be quite forgettable, in my experience.

I finally got around to doing a DMZ tour, and based on the many recommendations one can find here on Flyertalk, I went with USO/Koridoor. Not cheap, but worth it. We saw the 3rd infiltration tunnel, Dora Observatory, Dorasan Station, and finally Panmunjom. The tour would have been worthless without Panmunjom; the infiltration tunnel is theoretically interesting, until you trudge down, turn around-- it was packed with other tourists when we went in-- and hike back out (quite a nice little workout). The weather was overcast when we visited, so Dora Observatory was basically a waste of time, as one could hardly see anything, and similarly, Dorasan Station didn't do much for me. But, when the Norks came down to see us at Panmunjom, that was worth the trip.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-H...0/SAM_0997.JPG

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 23, 2015 at 8:17 am Reason: Redacted [IMG] tags from overly large image