FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Access to Lufthansa Lounge at IAD" Thread [2014 forward]
Old May 29, 2015, 6:53 am
Artpen100

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by cfischer
better champagne I'll beg to differ ... differ by quite a bit. Last time LH had Taittinger ... what did UA offer?
Taittinger? I would have stuck around for that. No, in Senator they were serving the Anna Codorniu, the one in a white bottle. Acceptable for a PDB but not worth going out of my way for. Maybe they break out the Tatt right before LH flights (I was there mid-afternoon, though). UA was serving Nicholas Feuillatte Brut Reserve (self serve - I always thought that was not permitted in US lounges, and the UA GF bar is the only self-serve one I've ever seen in the US). I also like the UA GF lounge shrimp and salmon.

Overall, my reaction to IAD LH Senator/Business is the same as to the AF IAD Business/La Premiere lounges, which is that it is a different room, but not all that different. In a few weeks I should get to try the BA Concorde Room at IAD, so will have something to compare them to.