FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Europe-GRU-Europe in 48 hrs plus some questions...
Old May 28, 2015, 1:06 am
mastah

Programs: MM SEN
Europe-GRU-Europe in 48 hrs plus some questions...

I have to be in Sao Paulo downtown at 9am, for a 3-4 hrs meeting. Due to some time constraints my only option is to fly there one night and return on the next one. Considering either Lufthansa via MUC or FRA (landing in GRU 5:35 and 4:55 respectively) or LX via ZRH (5:55am - preferred). On my return leg I am considering the LX flight departing 6:30 pm. Flying in C.

Please advise:
1. Is 3 hours enough to get to the downtown, considering the immigration wait times at T3 and the transfer time from the airport (taxi, most likely) ? It seems that the LX flight is one of the last arriving from Europe so I'd expect long lines - maybe the first LH from FRA landing an hour earlier is a better choice ? Any chance for a quick shower in any of these scenarios (i know there is an airside hotel that could be used for this purpose) ?
2. I will have some time left between 12-1pm and my departure at 6:30pm. I could go back to the airport immediately or spend 2-3 hrs somewhere, have lunch or just take a walk. Is 3-3,5 hrs enough to get back to the airport ? I am considering either taxi or the subway+bus connection. Also, any hints on where to spend that time are welcome!

Thank you!