FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Too many eUpgrades taken from account
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2015, 12:10 pm
YVRorange
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100k, AS MVP Gold, National EE, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Too many eUpgrades taken from account

Flew a 3 segment run one itinerary.

LAX-YYC
YYC-YWG
YWG-YXE

Booked into M-Class with flight pass and had 8 eupgrade taken from my account. They took 4 credits for the LAX-YYC and another 4 credits for the YYC-YWG segment. When I spoke with the SE line when booking the flight I was told it would be 4 credits for the entire itinerary. When I check at the Preview eUpgrade requirements for your itinerary site it also says M class is 4 creidits.

Email just came back eUpgrades Reporting <[email protected]> email saying they took the right number of credits - 4 for each segment. This has happened before and whenever I file they fix, is this new? Or just a mistake?

I was reading through the terms and conditions for eUppgrades and found this tidbid, totally unrealated to my issue but found it interesting, it's at the end under Additional Rules -

Additional rules

eUpgrade Credits are not redeemable for cash or other consideration and may not be bartered or sold. Air Canada will consider void any eUpgrade Credits that have been bartered or sold. Air Canada reserves the right to terminate the Air Canada Altitude privileges of members who sell or barter their eUpgrade Credits, or who repeatedly fail to pay eUpgrade Add-ons.
eUpgrade Credits are the property of Air Canada. Air Canada reserves the right to, without notice, (a) modify the terms and conditions related to eUpgrade Credit usage and eUpgrade Add-ons, (b) add, modify, or delete eligible booking classes, and (c) cancel any upgrade request made in violation of the terms and conditions listed here, and (d) change upgrade priority rules. Upgrades are never guaranteed, and awarding of upgrades is subject to operational considerations which are at Air Canada’s sole discretion.

How does one fail to pay the eUpgrade Add-on and how much leeway does one get to repeatedly fail???