FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]
Old May 24, 2015, 1:57 pm
aza72

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
I need a little advice on getting approval for the signature card. I had planned some travel to Alaska and wanted to use the companion pass. I applied Saturday morning for two cards. One got approved with $1,500 CL and the other got sent to pending.

After approval I called BoA to see when the companion fare would post, and they said 2-3 weeks. Not useful for my upcoming trip (and also reading this thread sounds like the CSR did not know what she was talking about, because I will probably never get it with the classic card).

I've since gone back and read all the posts in this thread since Jan, and have a much better understanding, and the mistakes I made. (Mostly applying when the recon line was down). Thank you especially for Brugge and Happy for there extensive writing about their experiences.

I plan to call when the Recon line opens next week and try to get these approved/changed to signature cards. Best case would be two signature cards and no additional HP, but I'd be happy with one signature card and 'rejecting' the classic card.

I'd love some advice on the best strategy and what to expect. My credit score is low 700s, down from high 700s after a recent round of applications.

I don't have any BoA cards currently, but I have a few high limit cards with Chase and Citi. Some people talked about lowering credit limits before applying. Is that just on BoA cards, or is that on total credit cards?

Brugge talked about upgrading Platinum to Signature. Is it feasible to 'upgrade' classic to signature as well?