FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)
Old May 23, 15, 11:24 am
JIMCHI

Programs: AA,AS,BA,WN,Hyatt,Marriott
We just completed two stays here, one week apart. The first stay was in a standard room and on the 2nd stay I used a DSU for a suite.

Both stays were wonderful. We requested and received rooms facing Place Des Arts which is very colorful and graphic at night. The room was a standard Hyatt room of nice size, very clean, and nicely decorated. The suite consisted of what was two connecting rooms, with a bedroom connected to a living room. The living room had two chairs and a sofa as well as a desk. As they were essentially connecting rooms, we had two bathrooms, which is always great.

The service at the hotel was terrific ! I was warmly greeted at the front desk and on our 2nd stay the agent even came out from the desk and shook my hand and thanked me for being a Diamond member and for staying with them.

The Club had a wonderful evening service each night and it was sufficient to constitute dinner for us several nights. The Club attendant was very friendly and helpful. The only downside was that no liquor service is available in the Club, only wine and beer. As I'm a two martini man every evening I had to leave the Club and go to the bar (nearby) and pay quite heafty prices for drinks. Clubs usually offer alcoholic drinks at greatly reduced prices so this was a disappointment here.

Diamond breakfast is taken in the restaurant where there is an extensive buffet and an omelet station. I did not see where an a la carte menu was available. We were very pleased with the selection and quality. It should be noted that this Hyatt does not have a restaurant open in the evening, but just outside the hotel there is a plethora of them.

Parking is a little odd here. If you are going to be going in and out it would be best to use the Hyatt valet. Otherwise, you can park in the Des Jardens mall adjacent to the hotel ($20 a night) or in an open lot across the street from the hotel entrance for even less.

We truly enjoyed this hotel and the staff. We're looking forward to another visit.