FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF Gold Lounge access flying FJ
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2015, 5:15 am
Blackcloud

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by og
Earlier this year I was granted access to the SYD T1 Flounge with a FJ BP travelling in J on a paid ticket. The BP showed my QF WP FF number. And, consistent with an earlier posting, I was granted access to the FJ J lounge in NAN with a FJ BP travelling in J on a paid ticket with my QF WP FF number showing (but this would have been access due to class of travel - so nothing extraordinary). In each case I also presented my QF WP card.

The reception staff at the SYD Flounge did some checking before granting access - so it appeared this was one " out of left field " for them. I was not sure if access was clearly granted or simply I was allowed in "as a favour". But, I was not about to ask
I have been at the FLounge when a P1 was denied access on a FJ flight. They told him he could use the Business Lounge, but I do not know if that was COS or status related.
The website is not clear, closest was the Nadi wording but I do not know if it matters too much, WLG may not be open and we have an 8:30 am flight at NAN so do not know if the lounge would be too much use then either.