FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unable to book a flight on the A3 website
Old May 21, 2015, 6:58 am
Knobbgb

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Am trying to book a companion ticket and although i enter the credit card details, get the verified-by-visa confirmation, then it says that my card details could not be confirmed (this when tried with 2 different cards!). Did you have a similar problem?
Yes that's exactly what happened to me several times. This seems to be the result of including non-eligible booking classes in the booking, so far as I can tell (some trial and error and guesswork, a little bad language and then an old thread on here that I can't find right now). Hidden somewhere in the ts&cs is a note that the companion ticket can only be used for the higher booking classes (not U,P,T,E) but it doesn't say this on the voucher or the main M&B info pages. So... if you include one of these booking classes, no error is generated until the very final stage of payment - after the "verified by Visa" checks in my case.

This seems a VERY bad design flaw in the system - to not pick up on this "error" earlier and to make it look like a card problem. OK, we're talking about Aegean IT, but even so... it's bad. Very frustrating. I can't even imagine how it's possible to write into application that doesn't check that the booking is "valid" until AFTER the payment authorization stage!

Try it with S class and above fares and it'll work just fine.

For my last domestic booking, I had to check the fares for nearly two weeks waiting for the lower fair buckets to fill before I could use my companion coupon (and by then, the other leg had gone up in price). They really need to have an option to manually book into higher fare buckets - but that's a long running gripe on many other threads too. Oh, and make the terms a bit clearer please!

I've given up with being annoyed with Aegean IT. I just accept it as it is, frown, and get on with it.

Last edited by Knobbgb; May 21, 2015 at 7:06 am