FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question - Aeroplan Business Ticket booked Economy
Old May 20, 2015, 8:23 am
superangrypenguin
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Davidwashere
A quick question, my wife and I are flying AC888 YOW to LHR in June. We both paid Aeroplan points for business, but as of now I am in economy as there was not a seat available. The next couple legs of mine are all in business, so I don't mind if I don't get it. However, the agent said that since I 'paid' for business I will probably be upgraded closer to the day of departure.

Does anyone have any insight as how this process unfolds? In other words, should I keep checking Aeroplan for availability closer to the date, or is this an automatic process?

all the best,
David
Not automatic so keep checking if a seat opens up. You'll be put on the upgrade list. Upgrades clear according to Ben by status. I'm on my phone so can't see your FT profile but if you don't have any status you're at the bottom of the list I'm afraid