FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/Canadian Issued ABTC/APEC Business Travel Card: Updates, Experiences, Q&A
Old May 19, 2015, 1:34 am
pinoymutt

Programs: TK Elite+(*G), UA*S, IHG Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by bocastephen
There is nothing in the membership documentation that states you can only use the card when entering or leaving on business - but the reason for applying for and receiving the card is due to frequent business related travel in the region.

Should not be different than Nexus/GE - you state a reason for the application during the interview, but that reason is not tied to the use of your membership when using the program.
Actually according to CBP's official site that isn't quite true:

Q:
Can I use my U.S. APEC Business Travel Card for personal travel, such as vacation?

A:
No. The APEC Business Travel Card is for members who travel frequently on short-term visits within the APEC region to fulfill business commitments. To use the U.S. APEC Business Travel Card, you must be traveling solely for business purposes to the foreign APEC economy.

http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-tr...ked-questions2

But in reality, I don't think most immigration queues enforce this strictly, but technically they could according to the rules.