FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Srq, Jax or tpa
Thread: Srq, Jax or tpa
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2015, 9:50 pm
cmd320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sound48
Looking to add a free one way to an award ticket. Looking at a quick weekend getaway after Thanksgiving and can do any of the three. Mostly looking for warmth and a place to relax for a weekend. Never been to any of them, any suggestions, advice about each place?
I'm not personally much of a Sarasota fan, I just don't think there's much to do there. If you're looking for warmth after Thanksgiving, Tampa is the safer choice over Jacksonville. Very dependent on the weather of course, but at that time of year Jacksonville can get a bit chilly, though, nothing like Chicago I'm sure.

Tampa is a bit busier than Jacksonville and has a bit more to offer the tourist IMO. Beaches tend to be a bit more touristy and a bit more tropical. Plenty of good hotels and resorts in the Tampa Bay area.

There is a lot to do in Jacksonville as well though. I quite like the Ritz-Carlton on Amelia Island. It's a great property in a very nice area. Alternatively I would stay in Ponte Vedra Beach either at the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club or at the Sawgrass Marriott. All good options.