FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to the Executive Club are now live
Old May 18, 2015, 3:32 pm
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aafreq
Yet another complaint (rant) on the April 28th devaluation...
Booked a January flight via Internet while in Mexico on 27th April..
Was not able to request my customary 10K trans Atlantic upgrade from WT+ > CW....
despite two email communications with BA that led nowhere " please call BA, we cannot help you"....despite my inability to call by phone from where I was at....
Upon return, I called to upgrade and was 'debited' 48K for RT WT+ > CW !!! ORD > LHR..
Who do I contact to argue my case ???
Can I ask who you were emailing? Only GGLs have access to an email with BA, everyone else uses the webform, MMB, or calls. When you do a UuA I have never heard of anyone doing it by email. What you usually do is check CW reward availability for your flight (do a dummy booking on ba.com) and if there is availability you then do it through MMB if you can or call. Did you have access to skype or were you not able to call?

It sounds like you booked on the last day and couldn't call, and unfortunately that is tough luck. Using the webform would have not got you anywhere since UuAs can't be done that way. The problem is that you didn't leave yourself much time or ability to call before the deadline - BA would say that wasn't their fault so why should they allow you to use the old avios rates.

I am not sure what you mean by customary UuA? UuAs are subject to CW reward availability being available. If it is you can UuA from WTP to CW, and if not you can't. You may have been quite lucky doing this but there are not many (possible not any) routes were it can be thought of as almost guaranteed.

I understand that UuAs done from 28 April onwards whether on a pre or post 28 April booking are priced at the new avios rates. This is shown on the faqs section on ba.com https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...b-changes/faqs

If I have a cash booking made before 28 April and now wish to upgrade using Avios will the new rates apply?

Yes. The new rates apply to any new Avios upgrade made from 28 April.
I am sure you don't want to hear this but I am afraid that you have to pay the new rates. I doubt you will have any success arguing a case,