FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buffalo Marriott Niagara, NY [Master Thread]
Old May 18, 2015, 11:36 am
jlb3

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I completed a 1 night stay at the CY Buffalo Downtown Canalside last week. I was very impressed! The hotel is only about 1 year old and still feels brand new. As a Plat I was upgraded to a 2 bed suite – very nice since we were on a family trip and had 3 people. It’s the new grey interior rooms that my sister and I both really liked – very modern looking and TONS of power outlets (very important!). Apparently this new model is called “Synergy” and it really works. Also a much larger than usual bathroom. Outside of the Bistro there is a nice firepit area which is wonderful for evening drinks. Also lots of outdoor seating right in front of the hotel. The hot tub/pool area was prob one of the nicest I’ve ever seen – not just for a CY, but for any MR property. The indoor lobby area was also very nice – very spacious and colorful.

The immediate area has quite a bit to do as well. The canal side light rail stop is literally right in front of the hotel. There’s a Tim Hortons (!) right across the street if you don’t want to pay for the Bistro. And the canal area is beautiful.
If I’m ever in Buffalo again I would stay here again without hesitation.

As an aside, this is right across the street from the new HARBORCENTER (yes it’s all caps and all one word). There’s not much open inside yet except for the aforementioned Tim Hortons and a sports bar. But they are building the new FS Marriott right there – by the looks of the exterior it looks like every other FS Marriott. Website says it will be open in August but in mid-May it looked like a lot of work still had to be done – but I am not a construction expert so maybe August is still a possibility.