FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel News Forum: close, re-purpose or merge with TravelBuzz?
Old May 18, 2015, 11:04 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Let me throw this thought out there...

Here is the forum name and its description:Let us assume that we all agree that news about specific airlines, lodging companies and other entities which already have a specific forum on FlyerTalk belongs in those forums and should be posted there.

What if the name and description of the forum was this:While this is not perfect, what I am attempting to do is give the Travel News forum a more distinct purpose which clearly differentiates it from the TravelBuzz forum — or any other forum on FlyerTalk, for that matter — and perhaps help mitigate the number of topics which belong elsewhere on FlyerTalk while encouraging more news topics to be posted there.

If you have a better title and description, by all means please post it.
I would suggest deleting the second sentence of the forum description. It says nothing and the "all the news that's fit to read" little joke seems tired and might not be understood by foreign readers.

The "Read This First" statement could stress that airline/hotel/destination specific news should be discussed in the relevant fora in those sections.