FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel News Forum: close, re-purpose or merge with TravelBuzz?
Old May 18, 2015, 10:04 am
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Originally Posted by goalie
The way you titled this thread should give you the answer
Goalie, as an "outsider" and not knowing what unspoken dynamic is going on here (and it is pretty clear that something is going on), and as he who started a post on getting rid or changing TN a while back, I must be missing something on "the thread title should give you the answer."

TN, overall, is just a receptacle for re-directs and padlocks. It did get a bit better after my earlier inquiry/suggestion, but now it (without running bundles of stat diagnostics) appears near back to where it was.

As a user (without any hidden TB personal agenda), TN is a waste of time. I keep it on "My FT" for the once in a blue eclipsed moon story I may find of interest, but I'd prefer it to be in Travel Buzz.

Has anyone posting to this thread besides yours truly not been a FT "insider," i.e., never on the TB, never a moderator, never a SFOR (special friend of Randy)?

Listen to a loyal user of FT without an agenda. Frankly, most of the users (remember what you're here for) are using TN only to have their threads redirected or locked.

Actually, I do have an agenda. It is to save myself a couple of clicks a day.
Travel News for you as a user may be a waste of time but for others it may not be and I respect both views but if it is a waste of time for a user/users, then simply put, don't read the forum and as to "most of the users are using TN only to have their threads redirected or locked"-do you speak for them?

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Originally Posted by goalie
The way you titled this thread should give you the answer
I truly don't understand this implication nor comment. Again, please enlighten me! By PM if you don't feel comfortable doing it directly here.

Again, my entire motivation is tidying up the forums by eliminating a redundant one.
Let me put it this way-which sounds better for a thread title-

"Travel News. This time let's put it out of its misery." or "Is it time to close the Travel News forum? To me it's the latter as simply put, the former implies that one wants the forum closed as opposed to asking the question. One may "want" something but imho, there's a right way to ask (n.b. ask) as opposed to saying/implying/stating that it's time to close it