FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Now Now Business Weeks Says It -Jet Blue is a Scam
Old Oct 15, 2003, 11:34 pm
odnyc

Sorry Gang:
I define scam as hustling people who don't know any better. My guess is that the vast majority of JB travelers have been ripped off. As a platinum elite at a major airline, every THIRD transcon trip I take is FREE- That's right 2 NY-Lax's, $280 x 2 (12,000 miles--- 5,000 x 125% bonus, plus lk on line bonuses) which is the typical leisure fare results, for me, in a FREE FIRST CLASS FLIGHT. Yes, $560 for three flights, including one in first class. JB is focusing on once a year (or lifetime) passengers. Biz people really won't ever be the bulk of the blue crew- they know the economics, and they really don't need the tv. Many poor shmucks, driven by the mindless hype, are paying at least $300 for a coast to coast trip W/O FF miles. This results in a JB ripoff of AT LEAST $100 worth of FF miles per flight. If anyone wants to contest the math, be my guest. Is JB good for the last minute biz person? Probably, but not definitely. Is their bait and switch model an audacious rip-off of most of its customers- leisure fliers- YOU BET IT IS.

Further re: math: High tiered elite status on major airline: 5 transcons flights is almost a free trip to AUSTRALIA. Go ahead, challenge me, I've been there FIVE x's thanks to the majors and you with JB: Been to Oakland? Or did your miles expire first?

Also: NOTE: I DON'T PERSONALLY ATTACK ANYONE, WHILE JB POSTERS- BLIND JB LOYALISTS AND A HANDFUL OF PEOPLE WHO HATE THE MAJORS FOR COMPLICATED REASONS ATTACK ME PERSONALLY Also read the posts re: HIGH FARES