FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel News Forum: close, re-purpose or merge with TravelBuzz?
Old May 17, 2015, 3:16 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by exilencfc
Me! I am none of those things. Not that my contribution was over helpful. Soooo...

Travel news doesn't seem to be all that useful in that most of the threads started there get locked or redirected. But if it was closed most of the threads that start/exist within it would start/exist within Travelbuzz instead.
Travelbuzz already has a lot of active threads and a lot of stuff getting re-directed and it would be very untidy if the stuff from Travel news was added. Therefore I am inclined to the view that Travel news should continue, if only to keep the rest of FT, and most especially Travelbuzz, tidier.

I also think that if any forums are going to be closed it should be the budget airline forums.
Good! Someone else! But you see, TravelBuzz wouldn't be that much more "untidy."

I guess it all comes down to, Do you want a big pile of poo and a modest size pile of poo, or do you just want one bigger pile of poo, and avoid the second pile altogether. I'd rather just clean up poo once, even if the initial mess is a big bigger. A timely comment, after yesterday's "two poo" dogwalk.