FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Lost/Stolen/Delayed luggage reviews?
Old May 17, 2015, 10:54 am
Trinob

Originally Posted by factory81
Brand new Sony A6000 + accessories and lens brought carry-on. In the overhead bin.

Made a claim with Citi Exec credit card services (they routed me to their insurance company). The program had rules such as;

-Tickets for itinerary where items were lost/stolen on must be purchased with the Citi Exec card (they were)
-Items can be checked or carry-on
-I need to make a claim with the airliner (I have)
-All other insurances must be exhausted prior to using this (I didn't purchase trip insurance, I don't have home owners insurance. I only have health/auto insurance. So I have no insurance besides this to apply to the situation).

I went to a Sony authorized dealer and bought new items and have a receipt now for the replacement cost. In addition to this, I can also provide credit card statements and receipts of the stolen items for showing the original cost and time of purchase.

I want to be optimistic that Citi will replace a few month old 2015 camere model with a Sony warranty - with the identical model. I just don't see how it would be right to say that "Fair market" means I have to take a lesser payout to buy a...what? Refurb model with no warranty? A downgrade in model/lens?

Just to be clear - this camera really is new, the model is wildly popular and in high demand. This model is the iphone of the mirrorless DSLR market right now. This camera is the bees knees. You can use optics from the 1930's on it if you wanted.....
Have you tried the credit card you bought the items with too? Many cover against loss or damage for the first 90 days (or some other timeframe) after purchase.