FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westward Ho. B6 cleans up on AA's departure and more!
Old Feb 7, 2003, 10:23 am
Analise
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by glenngpr:

And the selection of entrees on the six hour flights are outstanding. Not to mention the TrueBlue program and all its exotic international destinations. Oh yes, there's satellite TV, everything from HGTV to ESPN2 to The Game Show Network.</font>

Hmmm, I do detect a wee bit of sarcasm so let me address it. Airline food has never been known as a delicacy especially in coach. I think that first-class "cuisine" is not anything to write home about. I'll never understand those who wax romantically about airline food. So the fact that JetBlue has snacks works with me. Why waste money on something which is known industry-wide as a joke. How many airline food jokes are there? I prefer to bring my own.

Next the int'l destinations---JetBlue right now is a domestic airline. That's where I fly. It suits me. I've got over a million miles with CO yet whenever I want to cash-in miles to go abroad, there are never any seats. The rare times there are seats, I have to spend double what they promise in their nice glossy promotional materials. Who knows, maybe JetBlue will become part of an alliance. As for now, I could care less. I'm finding very low fares on BA, Lufthansa, KLM, and Virgin so I'm happy.

Let's talk TV. Yes I like the Game Show network---it's mindless entertainment which makes the time go by quite nicely. I also love all of the ESPN's, The History Channel, A&E, Discovery, the Food Network, all of those things you glenn make fun of. I don't like watching movies I've already seen in the movie theatres nor those I never ever wanted to see but are being shown on something like "Continental Vision". I prefer programs, not movies. JetBlue figured this out as I can't be the only one who likes TV programs. They are making a nice profit are they not?

Let's add some more. Their employees are the best domestic ticket agents and flight attendants I have ever come across. These people put out an aura that they love their jobs and respect their employer. They are PROACTIVE. Find me a FA in the majors who will come to a coach passenger and offer to lift the pullman into the overhead compartments.

Lastly, Jetblue won't charge me thousands of dollars for last minute tickets like the ones who fly to exotic international locations. Glenn, you can have them and fund their nice padded union salaries too.