FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OLD Conrad Chicago {US-IL} (no longer Honors)
Old May 15, 2015, 3:01 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report 5-13-5/14

Location: Very easy two block walk from the Grant Street CTA stop. It took us about 50 minutes to ride the Blue Line to the Red to get in from O'Hare. Lots of places nearby to eat including a Shake Shack and some other chain restaurants as well as an AMC Movie Theater. Walking to the nearest Loop CTA station was about half a mile, perhaps less. Ideal location for the Magnificent Mile and nearby excellent restaurants (I suggest NoMi at the Park Hyatt) and the Water Tower area.

Hotel: Lovely building and a nice blend between a large property and a boutique property. My only complaint was having to take one elevator from the Rush Street entrance to the lobby where I had to transfer to a second elevator. Just off the lobby is a lobby bar, sundry store, outdoor terrace where you can eat or drink and a small restaurant with attached coffee shop.

Check In: Handled very well. Sadly, no upgrades were available but I wasn't surprised. The agent was friendly and helpful and even came around the desk to hand me my key and show me where the elevators were.

Room: Two Bed Room on the 8th Floor. Surprisingly large for a downtown hotel and with lots of nice amenities. Really large bathroom with an excellent shower too and the Wifi also worked well. I enjoyed the TV's Bose speakers too. My only complaint was that the outlet in the lamp next to the bed didn't work, even when the lamp was turned on.

Breakfast/Other: For breakfast my guest and I were given vouchers were $19 at the restaurant. $19 was about the average entree price so this meant drinks are extra. The vouchers were good from 6-11 or from 11-3 for brunch which included lunch items. Two entrees, two juices and coffee was $20 after the vouchers.

Check out was a little annoying. The agent clearly wanted to get rid of me and acted like me wanting my bill printed out was a big imposition, oh well.

Overall, an excellent hotel. Great location, mostly great service and well worth the 50,000 points a night, especially when nearby inferior properties are going for $200+