FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel News Forum: close, re-purpose or merge with TravelBuzz?
Old May 15, 2015, 10:33 am
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by cblaisd
One has to think there is something else at play.
That's three times.

If you want to accuse me of an ulterior motive, be specific and allow me to respond to your accusation. There is nothing more tiresome than passive-aggression.

Hmmm.... Thanks for thinking about this. On first blush, I'm not sure a policy of moving such threads would be best. I will already say that the Travel Buzz mods do an excellent job in general (but we knew that!) but also are good about moving threads whose chief import seems to be discussion of a travel news article itself, rather than the topic of the news article. Some threads start out, it appears to me, in Travel Buzz and gain news story links along the way, but the topic is the center of discussion. Other threads seem more to be discussion of an article itself (is it fair, accurate, etc.). The TB mods are good about sending the latter to Travel News.

Of course, there can be no bright-line distinction here, but that's the way most of life is
Thank you for conceding this point. There is no bright-line distinction between Travel News and Travel Buzz. Because they are basically redundant.

A better allocation of resources and more logical format would be to eliminate Travel News and have whatever time is spent moderating the 18 threads per month in that forum spent on the Travel Buzz forum.

But it's apparent that many have an emotional attachment to mini Travel Buzz that trumps logic. <shrug>