FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel News Forum: close, re-purpose or merge with TravelBuzz?
Old May 14, 2015, 7:20 pm
cblaisd
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
well said cblaisd, thats part of my personal philosophy
Originally Posted by rwoman
Agree with those who think Travel News should remain. I also believe cblaisd does an outstanding job managing what gets posted in TN.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
...but since he is not complaining — and, rather, defending its existence — then why close it? Life seems to be easier for those who are uncertain about where to place topics which they believe belong in the Travel News forum; and if cblaisd is more than happy to perform a service and do the work for them, then why not leave it alone?

I do not believe that this forum should be closed....
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
...I don't see an advantage to closing TN to punt it over to TBuzz, especially given some of the #s posted in this thread where it seems TN still serves a purpose.
Thanks to all of you for both the kind words and the thoughtful apologias for why Travel News is an asset to FT.

A special thanks to those who take the time to PM or use the "Alert A Moderator" button to share you thoughts about particular threads and where they best fit.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Of course I don't understand why there is a continual focus on closing this particular forum either, given there have been multiple attempts to do so.
It is a mystery, isn't it? One has to think there is something else at play.