FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I totally screwed out of $1400 by H&R ?
Old May 14, 2015, 3:08 pm
36902BRF

Originally Posted by prasha11
You are scared, you have fear and so much negativity to finding ways for the OP to recover his loss.
Its time to start the contribution positively, ways OP can recover his 1.4 k because tomorrow you may be in his shoes if u continue MSing....

LOL you are funny. I have been in OPs shoes and lost an amount a bit less than him and like him it was because of my own stupidity. I am still in the process of trying to recover the money but I am not going to do chargebacks against innocent parties, as Staples in this case delivered a valid product.

This problem is totally of OPs making just like my mistake was totally mine. I am not suggesting he doesn't try to get the money back but I don't see where HRB, Staples or the gift card issuer did anything wrong here. It was OPs mistake. The angle about trying to recover the cards numbers or getting a duplicate receipt and seeing if he can get the issuer to reissue the cards is a good one.

BTW this is why I keep everything going back years.