FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - La Compagnie - any recent experience with this airline?
Old May 11, 2015, 6:11 am
jesslonguf

After receiving notice back in April that the May 1st EWR-LTN flight was cancelled, I had to wait several days to hear back from someone at headquarters (in response to several emails I sent). The 1-800 number was only good for reservations.

After several calls with headquarters, I was switched to the May 1st EWR to CDG flight, then La Compagnie booked me on a BA flight from CDG to LHR that departed a few hours later. This was regular economy, but I don't think any better class was available on this small plane. I still ended up in London on the same day, albeit a few hours later.

As for the actual flight, I really enjoyed it, especially since I went in with lowered expectations. The flight attendants were very friendly, the food was fairly good, the specialty champagne was surprisingly delicious, and the flight was smooth and quiet. I slept most of the way. I would have liked a better movie selection on the Samsung tablet, but I was too busy sleeping to enjoy a full movie anyway.

There is strangely no partition between the seats, so I imagine it would be very awkward to sleep on a red eye flight next to a stranger.

The EWR to CDG flight was also delayed by about 45 minutes, which made me worry about my connection to LHR. However, we still landed right on time. You also get skip-the-line passes for immigration.

Finally, the lounge in EWR was just okay. Fairly small. Only two bathroom stalls that were somewhat dirty. On the day I was there, available foods included salads, cookies, chips and salsa, crudités, chicken skewers, grilled vegetables, polenta, pretzels, and a few other things I'm forgetting. The drink selection was decent, though the bar was incredibly tiny.

I'm waiting on my return LTN to EWR flight now. This is my first time at LTN, and I am absolutely not a fan, though that's not La Compagnie's fault. Because their check-in counter isn't open yet, I'm unable to get passes for the airport lounge here.