FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review: Radisson BLU Royal Hotel, Dublin, Rep. of Ireland
Old May 8, 2015, 7:04 am
tev9999

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
How is the size of the rooms here for fitting three adults? I see the website will allow me to book three into the room without extra charges, even though beds only list as two twins or a king. Either type roomier? Would it be worth buying 9000 miles to reserve the premium award, or am I somewhat likely to get a free upgrade as a gold in October?

Back-story: I am trying to decide how to use my bank of 57K points before the last night free ends. I will be in Dublin for two nights in October. I currently have the Intercontinental booked for free using promo nights from IHG, but I think I like the location of this hotel better - will probably do a bit of late night pub crawling and it appears closer to the action.

We will also be doing two nights in Amsterdam on the way back. I can't book three into a room at the Radisson Blu in the city center, but I did contact them and they will add a bed for 50 Euro. I can't seem to use the free IHG nights in AMS.

So, 44K for two nights in DUB or 50K + €100 for two nights in AMS? I'm leaning towards DUB and will just book a cheap room for AMS if I can't figure out IHG, Hilton or a credit card churn in the meantime.