FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How can we help FT win credit card referral income vs. the blogs?
Old May 5, 2015, 4:21 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
How can we help FT win credit card referral income vs. the blogs?

I was thinking about how much money bloggers make from credit card referrals, despite the fact that much of the motivating information comes from here on FlyerTalk. Second, FlyerTalk is supported by advertising, a revenue stream which may decrease as users employ ad blocking software.

Could FT somehow win a larger share of the market for credit card referrals? Could we find a way to make it simple and convenient for FT members to give back to FT by selecting an FT-sponsored link when applying for a credit card?

I'm thinking in part of UA Fan's excellent locked credit card deals thread. But I'm certain there are other ways FT can structure this, perhaps through a locked Wiki containing links for all the top offers.

Am I completely off base with this idea? Have I overlooked existing features and capabilities?