FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old May 4, 2015, 7:47 am
aa135

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, SPG Preferred Business
Originally Posted by dlandz
Just continue to hammer Hyatt's consumer affairs department about this. It sounds like Shelly B is the only one rejecting claims that she isn't supposed to be though... is this limited to just this one person? If it is, how negligent is Hyatt to not realize the brand damage being done by a rogue employee?
Actually the second rejection was by another CSR, Lamar G. But it seems like having Shelly B work on your claim almost guarantees you failure. What really baffles me is how Hyatt handles this situation. They not only ignore it alltogether (no response from any point of contact within Hyatt regarding general BRG issues) but actually seem to encourage it somehow with incentives (why should any CSR reject every claim for completely wrong reasons if they are not incentivized).
Since these issues began I moved much of my business to Starwood which continues to offer a great BRG policy and more importantly their staff are actually playing by the rules ^
After trying Hyatts BRG for another time after almost 3/4 year of no stays I am more than ever confident in my decision to avoid them. Which is really a pity considering that they have some fantastic properties and a better loyalty program IMO.

Last edited by aa135; May 4, 2015 at 3:20 pm