FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My worst flight experience ever: Cathay Pacific A33 business class Doha to Hong Kong
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:35 pm
Carfield

Regardless of whether you agree with the OP's POV, it is clear that Cathay Pacific has failed in the service recovery. There is definitely a combination of weather related and mechanical and crew related delays. I don't know if OW Emerald/Sapphire should receive priority, but business class passengers should at least be treated differently and put in a higher tier hotel. That is just basic common sense especially given the fare differentiations between J and Y on the ME markets. One of the major issues with ME3 carriers is the lack of ability to recover during irregular operation, and since CX uses QR ground handling, the problem seems to be ten times worst. I am also surprised that J pax were not put in the hotel right at the airport, but I guess the sand storm possibly creates many similar flight delays. Anyway, CX definitely fails in the customer recovery and communications, which I am no longer surprised on an airline that focuses on cutbacks.

I always say the greatest measure of an airline is during irrops, and so far in my thankfully limited experiences, only the Japanese airlines, operations in and out of Japanese airports, Singapore Airlines and Qantas pass the irrop test.

Another thing that I notice is that there are some catering cuts in business class on ME services. DXB to HKG midnight departure used to have a supper service (one tray dinner or cold meal service) and a hot breakfast prior to arrival (abbreviated version but still a choice of two hot entrees), and I guess CX has cut back once again. CX seems to be going back and forth. Since CX F/As always start that breakfast service 90 minutes prior to arrival anyway, a hot breakfast makes more sense.

Carfield