FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:22 am
Deemo21

"Re-booked" a prior reservation

In January I booked a room at an adventure resort on another credit card. I got the Citi Prestige earlier this month when the 50k TYP first started. I called to find a way to rebook this vacation through Citi prestige. It took several days and multiple phone calls and lots of waiting on the phone. In the end, the benefit will save me $251 and cover my $3,000 min spend for the TYP. I added the all inclusive package to my reservation and it includes an airport transfer and pickup and activities for 5 days, etc. Citi won't cover that portion. The base room rate for this beachfront room is $251/night so that is what they reimburse. The hotel is already sold out for the dates that I want so I waited until all places were open and cancelled my reservation and immediately rebooked with a citi concierge+travel agent. It took some time on the phone, but it was done. I will use this benefit frequently.