FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Did you want the welcome gift or 500 bonus points that we will never really post?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:00 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Thumper
I just looked up how many locations recently have actually stiffed me instead of giving me my 500 or 600 "welcome bonus" points.

Three of my last five stays! I usually take the points because until recently I believed that 500 points might indeed be worth more than a bottle of water the hotel is paying 12 cents for. But I guess it turns this is cheaper.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK YOUR RECORDS AS WELL!

Recent stays with no points (since 3/1/15) include:
San Francisco Airport South, Burlingame
Crown Plaza Albuquerque
Chicago Metro Downtown

Be curious to hear from others about this. Seems like too many to be just me.
Now not point vouchers but online points entry during checkin missing points are purely a checkin person foulup
Probably an issue at hotels where managers want extra (too much) control and have checkin clerk make a paper&pen entry on a sheet for manager to enter later.... Either clerk forgets, mistypes ihg member-number or manager gets it wrong later.

I have no issues in UK/Europe in last 50+ stays although if draft beer in hotel I take the drink not points which is 50% of the time

Checkin Clerk should ask your preference for points/drink&snack at checkin and unlike when option first appeared if you choose points clerk should post the points during checkin

I even had points post day before arrival for HIE NEC Birmingham !

If not offered at checkin (and I guess I am offered choice 90% of the time) I ask am in those 10% instances clerk often says They assumed I will take points and they already entered points during my checkin

Last edited by scubaccr; Apr 28, 2015 at 6:07 am