FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to the Executive Club are now live
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:45 am
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Hello,

You may have noticed that the Executive Club changes have gone live at 00:00 British Summer Time (GMT +1), as per the information available on ba.com. These changes have allowed us to provide more opportunities for you to spend Avios on reward flights as well as to ensure that the Executive Club continues to deliver a competitive and rewarding loyalty programme for the future.

For more information and to view our Q&A’s you can visit our Executive Club Changes pages on ba.com here .

The changes only apply to bookings made on or after 28th April 2015, all bookings made before 28th April, regardless of travel date, will earn and collect at the previous rates. This excludes any bookings made on our Airline Partners that do not have a BA flight number.
We will do our best to respond to your queries as quickly as possible.

kind regards,
Max from the proposition team
Welcome Max, it's good to see someone from BA back in an official capacity. ^ Please do stick around, if you can.

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
I pointed this out before - unless it's a codeshare, how can BAEC know when you booked a flight with a partner?
We (or at least, I) don't know what information is exchanged when a flight is credited to BA. It is not impossible that the original (or last) ticketing date is provided in the transaction.

Alternatively, one may have to go back and provide proof of purchase to BA manually.

Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
If I have a ticket from BA containing AA flights then surely they know?
In principle it should be possible for BA to link the information together . The difficulty arises if one purchases e.g., a CX ticket on CX stock and later credits it to BA.

Originally Posted by BA0197
I was under this impression too- and if my memory serves me correct, BA have changed the wording of their charts for their partners.

So- if I've booked US Airways flights before the deadline- I will regardless receive the Avios and TPs at the post-devaluation rates? I personally was given assurances over the phone that this would not be the case- twice.
I was categorically assured in writing that pre-devaluation rates would apply and I expect that to be honoured.