FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Silver - Will BA ever introduce it?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:59 am
MPH1980

Originally Posted by Gaza
I beg to disagree. My Lifetime Tier Points are 14,640. Over the years I switched between Silver and Gold but have been a lowly Blue for at least 8 years. My last revenue flight with BA was in 2013 and prior to that 2010. I don't fly BA since they deserted the regions. If I need to get to London I'll use easyJet assuming flying to LHR isn't a no brainer.

If they did introduce a Lifetime Silver at the level you quote I'd qualify although I haven't been Silver or Gold for 8 years. I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell of then introducing that but I can but dream.
Perhaps I should have been a little clearer - I meant 'perpetual silvers' - e.g. those that scrape past every year without ever getting to gold.

But this is also why I think the bar would be set higher - e.g. what does the average silver end at every year and then go from there. I suspect that's also what they did with LTG - what's the average gold-y ending at every year and then working out how many years they'd want to give it over and rounding up.

I would strongly suspect the answer for silvers is somewhere around 900-1000 ... that'd be my guess ... hence why it'd be about 20 years from there - so about 20k.

But - like anyone else on here - I'm picking random numbers and guesses.