FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the most overrated airline in the world?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:54 pm
tmiw
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CMK10
Southwest. Hear me out though.

Most Southwest defenders (especially people who don't travel very much) claim they're "always the cheapest" but lately as many many threads will attest to, that hasn't been the case. If their largest defense and reason for being is no longer correct and they're just like everyone else, but without the ability to upgrade/lounge access/choose seats and no ability to get an international award than to me they're the most overrated.
This. Just booked SAN-SLC-DEN on Delta that was the same price as the non-stop Southwest flight; with the $50 Delta gift certificate that I had it ended up being significantly cheaper. Still more expensive than Frontier and Spirit but I'm not a fan of ULCC.

Originally Posted by kylesuo
It seems that most Southwest proponents ARE people who don't travel much, and like you said, they don't always have the lowest fares, and honestly, more often than not these days, they seem to be higher.
It's more that people don't research much before booking, which is strange because with sites like Kayak there's no real excuse not to any more.