FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2015 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Consolidated / Combined AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:11 am
bdemaria
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by rove312
Our U.S. passports have a space in our last name, which we usually write as one word with a capital in the middle. When we signed up for TSA Pre-Check, they advised us to add the space to our airline profiles. When we called US about it, they said they couldn't do it but we'd be fine with Pre-Check, which has been right so far. When I used the online contact form to ask AA about it, I got an immediate form reply with the link to change our profiles and that we'd need to send legal proof to change the parts that can't be changed online, including last name. Our profiles have the Pre-Check logo at the top, so would you expect that we'll be o.k. in that regard, without needing to send proof, if it's even possible for AA to change it?
I have the same issue w/my last name - and it shows up sometimes as one word, sometimes as two - and w/all sorts of different capitalizations - and I have never had a problem w/the difference between my passport, ticket, FF #. including w/Pre-Check, Global Entry - and travel to close to a 100 countries.

If I were you, I wouldn't fret.