FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK status match (2015)
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:52 pm
State of Trance

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by vincewy
25K a year, even now with discount fares earning 25% to 50%, is still easy. I would also like to see TK adding metal requirements to upgrading/renewing the statuses as well.

Let's see how long TK will keep status matching before the lounge gets absolutely jammed on both floors. For the same reason I have stopped giving out advice on which Star Alliance FFP to switch to/join, as soon as those leeches and poachers find out they'll ruin another easy/lenient FFP.
With discount UA Y fares only netting 25% to 50%, those flyers will have to fly ~50K-100K BIS miles to qualify at 25K. It honestly might be better off for UA-heavy flyers (e.g. most US based A3/TK *G) to just go for UA status or find a different FFP more generous to those bargain basement fares.

I'll be happy with M&S as long as SQ continues to accrue 100% on mid-level Y fares. If that day ever comes, you'll find me jumping ship to OZ...although I may end up doing so anyways seeing as how they seem to give 100% miles on their own flights regardless of fare.