FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When is too much hatred really too much?
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:48 pm
mnscout

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
When is too much hatred really too much?

It's funny, really.

You spend hours upon hours to research the new changes for a hotel program and write a blog post about it.

This post will benefit at least some people, and probably more than just a few because you have gathered your info practically by hand, and the info -- to those who are interested in this particular program -- must be extremely valuable, there's just no way it isn't.

You post your findings in a relevant FT thread -- which is (the thread) is not extremely busy, to say the least. You link to your blog. Your post disappears.

Here is why it's funny.

The forum in question is very slow. So, no, you don't get a lot of traffic back to your not selling any credit cards or whatever blog. If you want traffic, you will write about something much more sexy than this. And yet, someone hates your blogging guts so much, that they report it to a moderator and your post gets removed for no freaking reason at all!

At least, this is my theory of what has happened because posts don't just drop off the face of the Earth.

Have I pushed any products or services to deserve that? Hell, no! It was a strictly analytical post.

While I don't give a flying duck whether my post is there or not, I can't help but shake my head in disbelief, even if just a little.

Hence the rant. Sorry.