FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:44 pm
iFlip23

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
IC Asiana Saigon

IC Asiana Saigon

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, most definitely.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked two nights. First night on a PB, King Bed Deluxe Room. Second night paid stay, King Club Intercontinental Room.
Upgraded to Deluxe Suite for both nights, on the top floor of the Hotel.

How are the rooms?
The room was excellent in both size and comfort. Separate toilet and wash basin as you walk in the door. Large desk. Spacious lounge overlooking the City, with ample seating for 4-6 people. Large Samsung HDTV on the wall. Minibar was stocked plentiful, but we didn’t have any. The bedroom area was large, with I think, a King Bed. Sheets were so soft too. Another large Samsung HDTV on the wall. Bathroom was on the large size. Separate shower and bath, with a small HDTV in the wall above the bath. Bathroom accessories were extensive and the toiletries were Agaria, with what seemed like a limitless supply. We ended up bringing so many back with us, there were too much to use over the two nights we stayed there.

What was your welcome gift?
We received a bottle of Champagne from the hotel, a piece of Cake, fruit and a ceramic cup with a bespoke oriental design on the front. We also won a bottle of House Red Wine at check-in with the Hotel offering IHG members one pick from a “lucky draw”. We were told that House Red/White was the top prize.

How is the exec. lounge?
Excellent, and by far the best Club lounge I have been in. Everything was extensively stocked and the staff were excellent, nothing was too much for them. We used the lounge for breakfast both mornings, and we also had afternoon tea both afternoons. Evening canapés it became much busier than breakfast and afternoon tea, but the staff were always very attentive and we never had to wait long to be seen to.
The Assistant Manager and general manager spoke to us on separate occasions whilst in there, which we both felt was a nice touch.

What was good and what was bad?
Check in was expedient and hassle free. Everything was intricately explained. Staff attentiveness and helpfulness was at an all-time high, they literally could not do enough for us. The room was excellent and just what we needed. It was nice to have a relaxing sanctuary in the Hotel, away from all the madness and franticness of outside.
The only negative aspect, which turned into a positive was that we used the laundry service and the t-shirt my wife sent down returned smelling of cigarette smoke. We asked for it to be re-cleaned and the Hotel went above and beyond with the service. We received three letters in our room from three separate managerial personnel apologising for the error. The Assistant Manager spoke to us in the Club Lounge about it, and also apologised, and upon check out, the front desk manager also apologised for the error, which was blamed on a chemical smelling agent they use to clean their clothes. We were also allowed to extend past the 4PM late checkout time as our flight was a little later. We checked out shortly after 5PM, as our flight left Ho Chi Minh City at 8.45PM.

Value for $? Would you return?
If ever I find myself in Vietnam again, I would stay at the IC Asiana Saigon without any hesitation. I thought it was a beautiful Hotel with attentive staff and a real calming ambience.
The pianist in the lobby was also a really nice touch. My wife and I really enjoyed the last two days of our honeymoon at this property.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 7, 2015 at 11:54 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of post title only