Old Apr 20, 15, 12:35 pm
spgplat21

Programs: SPG-PPE+Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-Gold
Just finished up a weekend stay and wanted to provide an updated review.

I used suite night awards and was confirmed into an Astor Suite that was further upgraded to a Metropolitan Suite at check-in. The Metropolitan suite was huge, but there was some wasted space in the room so it didn't feel like 1,000 sq. ft. There is a huge vanity area between the bedroom and bathroom that we didn't really use, but even with that the room is still plenty big just not as big as you'd think.

The room was a little more modern than your typical St. Regis (more Park Hyatt like), but it was very nice and we were super pleased with the upgrade. The only real negatives in the room were that some of the furnishings were showing a little age, there weren't very many plugs, and the TV setups were not what you would expect from a St. Regis. The living room TV was small and not very nice, the bedroom TV was just a TV sitting on the ledge with the wires coming straight out of the wall, and the TV service itself was terribly slow (changing channels would take about 10-15 seconds each channel).

The platinum breakfast was served in Vitrine and it was great. They gave you the choice of the continental breakfast, eggs benedict or 2 eggs any style plus a meat. All of these options also included juice and coffee. I'm not sure if those are always the choices, or if they rotate, but either way it was nice to be given some options. It's always great to see a US property doing more than the bare minimum and the wait staff was excellent each morning.

Overall, I thought the hotel was great and I would definitely come back next time I'm in San Francisco. The location worked well for us and the valet was always very efficient. We had drinks in the bar one evening and breakfast each morning and each member of the staff we encountered was super friendly and genuinely seemed to care about making our stay better. I read some noise complaints up thread but I didn't experience any issues during my stay.

It's a real shame this property moved up to Category 7 because it doesn't really make sense to use points here anymore. I would guess that this is probably one of the worst Cat. 7 values with the exception of some of the all suite properties.