FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone familiar with SAN? Where to spend time in the airport
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:07 am
phospho

Anyone familiar with SAN? Where to spend time in the airport

I'm already a 1K member, and I need to spend ~290 dollars and fly ~2200 miles to re-qualify for 1K for this year. Obviously I've flown a lot this year, but I don't anticipate I'll be flying anymore for a while, probably not until the beginning of next year.

A few weeks ago there was some sale going on united.com, and I was able to book an IAH-SAN-IAH itinerary that had a base fare of literally 307 dollars (tax was like an extra 50sh dollars). Got really lucky.

Arrives into SAN @ 22:58, and leaves SAN at 06:40. I'll basically have a 9 hr layover, which is perfectly fine with me since I have a crap loud of work to finish (and I tend to work better at night). I used my last two RPUs, and I got an email yesterday confirming me on R for both flights.

I realize that at that time of the night, I can pretty much find any corner in the airport that would be quiet enough to get work done. However, I'm so used to the lounges that I was wondering if you knew of any that would be open 24/7. Or maybe if you knew a quieter part of the airport? Looking at the airport's website, it doesn't look like there are any lounges open 24/7, so I was hoping someone would be familiar with the airport to tell me where to hang out. Ideally, it would be a table with a chair in some quiet area.

No big deal - was just curious because I've never been to SAN before.

Thanks in advance