FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying A380 F Apartment next week, any questions?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 7:54 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by monkeymagic
I flew the First Apartment last week too. I was on the day flight from LHR as I wanted the full experience.

I took a photo of the food menus and will share it if I could work out how to post photos on here.

It was definitely the best overall flight I've taken and I've tried a few First products over the years (CX, BA, UA, EY old). The best bits were the service, spaciousness, food and shower.

I think the downsides did me were, I couldn't sit by the window on take off ( I was in 1H) as I had to be in the main apartment seat. I was also flying 'backwards' which is fine for me but I know some people don't like.

Noise can carry in the cabin, 5 of the 8 seats were occupied by a couple and their 3 kids. Their 6 nannies running up and down the front stairs when the opportunity arose.

The walls are higher than the old ey product so definitely more private.

I had a shower too but it's a little cramped but fun nevertheless (note you need to close the door before the water starts running.. I was a bit confused for a while).

Small things show service such as my iPhone charger wire was rolled up neatly while I was out of the apartment.

I saw the residence lounge, it's smaller than the apartment slightly as its effectively the bench for watching TV and the bedroom was empty.

The storage was a little limited in the apartment. No overheads so it goes under the seat. My standard carry on suitcase poked out a bit

Happy to answer any specific questions if anyone has any
Thanks for posting. I m doing two F trips shortly (but no A380 ) and would be keen to see food options so the menu would be interesting to see if you can please?