FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:14 pm
Steph58

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I Didn't Get It

Anyone receive this promo--email from Mileage Plus dated 11/17/14. Shop more, earn more. Spend $250-$1500 & earn 250-12,500 miles Nov-Dec. Did all my holiday shopping through the UA shopping portal--spent $1,000 and patiently waited the prerequisite 8-10 weeks for my 7,500 miles. All purchases posted, kept meticulous track on the UA shopping mall web site.

Contacted Cartera. After several back & forth emails, they claimed it was a United promo not one that they tracked. I was doubtful but called UA. Escalated to a supervisor, told to file a missing points claim. Sent copy of my targeted promo email. Nothing. Called on 4/4 was told my miles would post on 4/7. Nothing. Received a couple of "we're working on it" e-mails.

Today the response from UA is send in all of your receipts because we no longer are partnered with iGet.it. Huh? No mention of how to do this. Dreading sending all those receipts.

Then I once again pulled up the original email. Appalled to see purchases are to be made through something called iGet.it/United. OMG. I am a very savvy online shopper (or so I thought) & buy everything I can through shopping portals. Bye bye 7500 miles.

Did anyone else make this blunder . . .